Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 3

Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Oh man, we've got a real winner this week.

So what happens if you're a mom whose grown son is a total nerd who couldn't get a date to save his second life? Why, you indulge his every whim and sew a shiny, vaguely sexual face-mask because he needs it "for reference!" Thanks again, Mom!



And what better backdrop than my Brooklyn kitchen? If you look very closely, you can even see a 3D Space Shuttle Discovery in the Magic Eye Poster on my refrigerator. And as if all that wasn't enough, just look at my Wolverine T-shirt. And wait... are those... yes, they are: socks with flip-flops. Man, oh man. I'm so sorry, Mom.

I really did have a good reason for these photos... I shall post them tomorrow.

Also, everyone should check out Joe Quinones' first published story for DC, Teen Titans #53, which comes out today. Joe and I have known each other since RISD and it's about time they started publishing his work!

Update:




Friday: I don't know yet.

8 comments :

  1. Wow....uhh...your mother must be so proud. he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.....uhh...his mother doesn't know what to say. he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi paolo...this is your mom...please remove those pictures...you are an embarrassment...he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi paolo...posing as your mommy in the second anonymous comment (attempting to fool everyone with all lower caps),is not nice..........ps. i would only be embarrassed if you posted a photo of wolverine in his shiny, stretchy hot pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey duder,
    Thanks for the shout-out.
    So I'm wondering... and I know it's out there, where are the pictures of the full vinyl jumpsuit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we will do the Wolverine costume in a future WRW post. Sadly, that costume (retractable claws and all) was made for no other purpose than being nerdy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the pattern for that mask!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney,

    You'd have to ask my mother. Only she can reveal such secrets.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.