Sidebar at NYCC

Wednesday, March 11, 2009


If you didn't get a chance to attend my first (ever) panel at the New York Comic Con, you have another option. Sidebar, the dynamic duo of discourse, had the presence of mind to record the event and have posted it at their blog for all to hear. If you haven't heard the show before, please take a moment to peruse their backlog. You'll most likely become a subscriber.

The subject of the panel was the Dos and Don'ts of Being a Comic Book Professional. The crowd had some great questions and I felt like we were actually of some use. As if that were not enough, I finally got to meet Eric Canete, whose work I've admired for some time. Be sure to check out his 90-minute sketches.

Just a side note: the sketch above was for a cover I never painted for a short story I wrote, but never illustrated. Maybe some day.

2 comments :

  1. The DD of D...I like it!

    Thanks, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already trademarked it. I want either dollars or beer.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.