Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 82

Tuesday, November 24, 2009


Amazing Spider-Man #577 (page 16, panel 4)
2008
ink on Marvel board
10.3 x 4"


Here I am hamming it up as Moses Magnum, the earth-shakin' Ethiopian. Mostly, I just needed the hand gesture, but sometimes I can't help myself. I also needed hand reference for the hired goon in the background. I figure after a few more war comics, I'll be able to pull it out of my head on command.







I'm gonna take the rest of the week off from blogging, so I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Be sure to watch the Macy's parade: Spider-Man returns this year with a brand new balloon! I've heard a rumor that some Marvel employees will be handlers, so keep an eye out.

On Monday, I'll show you what "Tina Fey glasses" should really be called.

4 comments :

  1. I like that loose and energetic inking on this panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Craig! I was hoping to convey the intensity of his "earthquake powers." Nice work, by the way. I was just checking out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that's gotta be my favorite face ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Leia. Obviously, I was really getting into it.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.