Hello, California

Monday, May 20, 2013

Green Hornet #4. 2013. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera)
on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

We made it safely across the country (and so did my iMac). Now I'm just waiting for my printer and scanner before I can fully exhale. But no matter what, the weather is gorgeous out here! And I have a car again. And there's liquor in grocery stores. And I use a cart to hold it instead of a basket. Did I mention we've got pool access?

I'm still pretty busy trying to catch up with work, so I'm gonna hold off on posting until next Monday. In the meantime, here's the 4th cover to Green Hornet. Looks like GH getting a little careless with the knockout gas.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone who attended my web seminar with Comics Experience. I really appreciate the support (and the fact that you listened to me drone on for 5 hours). I think it went really well and would love to do it again someday.

And finally, I received some amazing news this weekend during my travels: I won the Spectrum Fantastic Art Gold Award for Comics! This is a huge honor from one of my favorite institutions. I don't submit my work to many art competitions (Society of Illustrators is the only other), but I've sent entries to Spectrum nearly every year since I was first accepted a decade ago. Here's the full list of winners, many of whom I'm lucky to be acquainted with. As for the winning entry, you may remember it. Have a great week!


Daredevil #10 Cover. 2011. Ink on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

7 comments :

  1. Not just won, but won Gold. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Congrats!! The Gardinier's. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Paolo! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and welcome to the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody! Wish I coulda been at the award ceremony, but maybe I can make it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That is one of my favorite covers of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with this series.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.