Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 338

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D.: 1953 #3 P. 14. 2016.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

All I really needed from this reference was the left hand, which did the trick for both panels on this page. And you may notice I forgot to draw Hellboy's tail, so I just added it digitally. And for those of you who are getting a sizeable tax refund, the original art is still available.


Oh, look, there's my wife!


inks by my Pappy


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital sketch


digital roughs


digital layout

4 comments :

  1. Spectacular, Hellboy and the BRPD by you is to me a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you printing your digital sketches straight onto board then penciling on that, or using vellum or similar to pencil atop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Straight onto the board. What you see above is a raw scan of the pencils with the blue-line roughs and perspective grid still visible in some areas.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.